It has been awhile since I have added any new posts. This was not for lack of anything new happening, but rather for mainly an abundance of laziness on my part. But, since I promised to keep posting on this blog after my retirement this week, the day has come to fire it back up again. There is an open house planned later today at the office for a chance to see anyone who I have missed in the last six plus months of regular visits. To anyone who can't make it (which I can certainly understand, it will be hotter than BLAZES this afternoon) I want you to know that it has been an honor to serve you and your families these past 38 plus years. I am grateful to have been a part of the lives of so many good people. I have been fortunate to be able to work with such a great team through all these years, which has made me look forward to coming in to work (yes even when it is 30 below).
Some of you have asked what I will be doing. The summer is filled with travel plans, some of which are left over from last summer. I will post some photos as we go. There is biking to be done, visiting of several National Parks, a son getting married and the the fish in Northern Wisconsin are beginning to tremble as I write this. Ever since my big bike ride, I have had a strong urge to be outside as much as possible. I had a lot of time to consider what makes up a perfect day. For me, this is a big part of it.
One of you has asked if I am retiring for health reasons and the answer is "Yes, I still have mine!" We will be continuing to travel, develop our skills in other areas and try to become better versions of ourselves as long as we are physically able. I look forward to providing updates here about our adventures including any wrong turns we (meaning I) make.
No comments:
Post a Comment