Saturday, May 23, 2020

Doubts appear

May 18, 2018

The distance between getting an big idea and accomplishing this goal can be measured many different ways.  It can be the time it takes from the instant the thought is conceived until the action is complete.  It can be the actual distance of the epic adventure, or it might be the effort involved in planning, training for and accomplishing the desired result.  I have always been fascinated by this process… by the way that thoughts become things.  Whether it is preparing for a Coast – to – Coast bike ride or completing your education or building a business, the process is very similar.  An idea occurs, a goal is set, it is broken down into steps that can  be measured and have a timetable attached to them.  It also helps if there is a public commitment made to accomplishing the  desired result.  That is why I have been telling everyone who will listen for the last two years that I will be doing this ride.  I wanted to force myself to have a reason to train when I didn’t want to, to get up early in the morning in the cold winter and go in and ride a bike that goes nowhere, to give up time with loved ones to accomplish something that is bigger than myself.

We are now at the 4 week countdown to the start of the ride.  I have my checklists, my training schedule, my time off work arranged.  I have plans in place for getting my bike and myself to Seattle and then home at the end.  I have many people who are supporting and cheering for me to do this.  Why then do I have these nagging doubts?  Am I ready?  Will I be up to the physical demands of the ride?  How will this aging body recover each night? I have never been away from home for this long, how will that go?

I will attempt to convey my feelings through periodic  updates  and photos but please be patient, I am only a newbie at posting on a Blog as well as facebook.  I am looking forward to learning more!  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment