June 17, 2018
It is customary when starting this journey to dip the bike in the Pacific Ocean. We had a short ride from the Everett Boys and Girls club to the water and then it was off we go! Today’s ride was a good warm up as it was not along at less than 70 miles. We stayed in the town of Skykomish which is known for having trains all night long. Not a restful first night. We left Monday morning and immediately had a 16 mile climb to Steven’s Pass. That was a Grinder! The next ten miles went very fast and as we got closer to Wenatchee we rode along the Columbia River and through miles of fruit orchards. This country is very fertile but only the parts that can be irrigated. Tomorrow is our longest ride of the whole trip at 105 miles. We then get to have two more rides of 93 and 95 miles in order to make it to Missoula by Saturday. I said I would share the highs and the lows so I will let you know how my hind end is holding up after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment