Saturday, May 23, 2020

Nervous Energy

June 14, 2018

I have arrived at the hotel where we are to meet tomorrow morning for the final shuttle to the start of the ride.  I have met other riders from Australia, Canada, Ireland and Wisconsin. We are all in agreement that it is a beautiful day for riding and we should just get on with it.  Instead we wait, unable to enjoy the last soft bed that we will experience for the next 600 miles.  Seattle is beautiful now, I can see the appeal for those who can stand the traffic. I can also see we will be going uphill very soon.

I want to give a shout out to Katie Lauer from The Rochester Post Bulletin for securing an interview before I left town.  She is a real Pro and made me feel like I was doing something special.  Hope I can manage to live up to expectations. She asked some questions that were not of the usual kind.  It got me thinking about what I should be recording in this blog.   I will have lots of time to ponder while we ride. We’ll have to explore some of these questions in more detail here and see what develops. I look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment